Cone Beam Technology In White Plains and Mt. Kisco, NY
This technology was introduced into our office in 2010 and represents the most significant advancement in endodontic treatment in White Plains and Mt. Kisco, NY and microsurgery since the introduction of the surgical microscope over 20 years ago. The ability to render low-volume, low-radiation, 3-D imagery has enabled our endodontists to:
- Uncover and diagnose pathology that would ordinarily not be visible on many 2-D x-ray images (ex. maxillary sinus infection).
- Almost entirely eliminate unnecessary “exploratory” surgery, by diagnosing non-treatable situations (ex. post perforation).
- Locate precisely which roots in multi-rooted teeth require apical surgery. This may be significant in cases when it can be determined that the least accessible root (e.g. the palatal root of an upper molar) is not involved and therefore does not need surgical correction. Conversely, if the palatal root is infected, then endodontic retreatment in White Plains and Mt. Kisco, NY rather than surgery may be the best treatment choice.
- Determine the extent of an infection and how best to treat it.
- Evaluate healing in 3-Dimensions.
- Identify the etiology of failed root canal therapy, such as missed or untreated canals.
- Identify cracks or fractures.