Are you worried you might need a root canal in Mount Kisco, NY? Before you diagnose yourself, look over the most common signs of a root issue.
Signs You’ll Notice
As a patient, these symptoms will be the most obvious to you:
- Pain: This can range from dull aches to sharp pains as well as from mild to severe. You may also feel throbbing and the pain may be inconsistent.
- Gum Tenderness: Tender and swollen gums near the affected tooth may occur. The swollen areas may or may not experience pain when touched.
- Increased Symptom Frequency: While at first symptoms might be sporadic, they usually increase in frequency and duration.
- Varied Symptoms: You may experience a combination of these symptoms in various degrees.
Signs Your Endodontist Will Notice
Your trained dental professional will use these signs to indicate a root issue:
- Radiolucency: In a routine X-Ray, your dental professional may notice ark spots indicating a damaged root.
- Gum Boils: The official name is fistulous tracts, but most patients refer to these pimple-like occurrences as gum boils. They typically form at the tip of the tooth root.
- Darkened Teeth: A single or standout darkened tooth may indicate inner root problems.
- Exposed Tooth Nerve: An exposed tooth root is a clear indication for professional intervention.
What You Should Do If You Think You Need a Root Canal?
If you are worried you need a root canal, you should:
- Make an Appointment: The first thing you should do is make an appointment with your dental professional. Go in as soon as possible to catch the issue as early as possible.
- Submit to Diagnostic Testing: Your dental professional will use a range of equipment like X-Rays to determine the true cause of your symptoms.
After consulting with Dr. Kolnick, ask about the next steps in the process and how to prevent future root canals. Give us a call at (914) 666-0707 to set up an appointment.
Currently rated by 1 people